- This event has passed.
PR & Media Relations Conference – New York
April 3, 2018 - April 5, 2018
Join Women in PR USA at the Ragan PR & Media Relations Conference in New York City to learn insights and best practices for cultivating relationships with members of the press, grabbing media coverage and getting your brand stories told.
Today’s communicator wears multiple hats. While watching your organization’s or client’s reputation, you also secure media coverage, boost social media engagement, identify current trends, sidestep crises and take advantage of savvy PR practices.
Get ready to sharpen your skill set and integrate new best practices to revive tired PR strategies. At this conference, you’ll learn how to properly pitch journalists and get your brand story told, gain tips for crafting engaging copy and content, find out how to prepare for any crisis and much more.
What you’ll learn:
- Tips for uncovering stories and perfecting storytelling techniques
- How to give reporters what they want, when they want it
- How influencers identify and create compelling content—and how you can, too
- How to select what to measure and what to ignore
- Tricks for writing and managing content that appeals to today’s harried reader and boosts your website traffic
- How to write tight, compelling copy reporters can grab and go—with little rewriting or editing
“Straightforward” is a word every PR pro can strike from his or her vocabulary in 2018.
In today’s chaotic landscape, PR and media relations are anything but straightforward. You’re expected to wear multiple hats while competing fiercely for the attention of a distracted audience.
You don’t have to go into battle unarmed, though. Join peers and industry experts at the PR and Media Relations Conference on April 3-5 in New York City, and get the skills you need to thrive.
As a member or friend of the Organization of American Women in Public Relations, you’ll save $250.
Discover how to:
- Use the concise language and unique story angles journalists want to see
- Make the most of new tools like live video to enthrall millennial audiences
- Be prepared for crises, and have a plan to rebuild your reputation if/when one strikes
- Measure your efforts to pinpoint what works, what doesn’t and what can be improved
You’ll go back to the office with the fresh ideas you need to captivate journalists and customers alike. Register today, and start seeing the PR success you’ve dreamed of.