Imagine yourself as part of our organization. You belong here.
If you are just starting your career journey or ready to take the leap to reach your next big goal – and wondering how YOU can do it – we get it.
We’ve created this place just for YOU.
Our organization is working to help you get a seat at the boardroom table and we want to help you get paid what you are worth. We encourage you not to settle because the minute you settle for less than you deserve you get even less than you settled for.
It’s time to take advantage of new opportunities. Your success is our success.
It’s not just women that are being affected by not getting into leadership positions and not getting paid what they are worth – it’s both women and their families who are being shortchanged.
To the tune of $700,000 up to $2 million over the course of their careers.
We want to help you on your career journey and we are creating new opportunities –opportunities for career advancement, networking, education and speaking opportunities for our members.
You deserve to feel excited and fulfilled about your PR career.
We are helping women to establish credibility as PR industry leaders and become united in our PR careers to motivate and to inspire – no matter what stage you are in.
We are providing mentorship for women to launch a career in public relations and we are helping to ensure that women stay on the career fast track – even if they have to take a step back to navigate career and family obligations.
WOMEN IN PR ACADEMY
WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF EMPOWERMENT AND COLLABORATION. WE ARE INSISTING ON YOUR SUCCESS.
The Women in PR Academy is online based so you can participate from anywhere in the world and connect with our members across the Americas.
WOMEN IN PR ACADEMY
The Women in PR Academy serves as your annual membership experience – part online classroom, part implementation incubator, part community and mentorship support group.
As a member, you have access to over ten self-study courses, replays of our live events, templates and video discussions. You have access to the materials for as long as you are a member, with new content added regularly.
KEEP ON TOP OF PR TRENDS
You will keep on top of PR trends alongside other successful women in public relations who are aligned with your goals.
Get your PR questions answered from the Women in PR community. Learn about new technology, PR tools and business systems. Browse our case studies and read our member PR tips to help you keep on top of PR trends.
BUILD MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS
Connect with other women in public relations who are aligned with your career goals in our private member groups.
Join our member groups to chat with real women in public relations about their careers. Share your aspirations and surround yourself with a community of successful women.
TRANSFORM YOUR PR CAREER
Join us in our PR Lounge and dive into new learning modules. Learn a new skill and boost your professional development.
Learn a new skill that you can implement in your current job and help you get that promotion. Mark your calendars for our events happening across the Americas and take advantage of member discounts.
INVEST IN YOUR EDUCATION
You have the talent and the ability to achieve what you never thought possible – whatever level you’re at in your journey.
Choose to enroll yourself in new opportunities. As women in public relations, you have unique career goals and aspirations. Choose to invest in your education and professional development. Get the PR tools you need to create a thriving career and business – swipe templates, behind the scenes footage from our live events, salary research, planning sheets, workbooks and more!
Women in Public Relations is the fastest growing PR network across the Americas.
We are partnering with businesses across the Americas to promote opportunities for women to learn and to share resources in a supportive community. We are connecting leaders, developing new industry initiatives and inspiring new graduates through our event programs. We promote a collaborative learning environment through our portfolio building courses led by industry experts.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS
BUILD MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS. ELEVATE YOUR BRAND.
GROW YOUR CAREER.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what our Women in PR community is saying….
Connecting and supporting each other!
“The ability to achieve successful results for our clients depends on opinions and input from a diverse group of people. Each individual team member brings fresh perspective to our clients, simply based on who they are, their background, family life, culture and their own experiences. Meeting and connecting with new people in the PR profession through Women in Public Relations, maintaining those connections and supporting each other, is a win-win for everyone.” – Wendy Hartley, Principal at Hartley PR
Building a community of collaborative PR leaders!
“Fostering a community of collaboration versus competition is so important and often overlooked in our industry. Shared insights and mentorship that drives cumulative success will always have the highest return.” – Christine Faulhaber, President & CEO, Faulhaber Communications
Take risks and align yourself with like-minded PR women!
“Women dominate the PR industry; we are in a very opportunistic place in this industry. What is most important for women in any industry is to be bold, be provocative in your thinking, take risks and surround yourself with people that believe in our vision. Success in my mind is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Chitra Anand, Doctoral Researcher and Professor
On the importance of being a visible leader!
“It is important for women and men to see great women leaders. Every time, a person has an opportunity to see a capable, competent, hardworking and inspiring leader, it’s a chance for others to envision a future where they can guide others in their own unique way with their own unique gifts. That is done through mentorship, facilitating workshops as well as being visible whether it be in the media, one-on-one or through organizations like Women in Public Relations.” – Bunmi Adeoye, Vice-President at NKPR Inc.
Speaking at events through Women in PR!
“Supporting one another in our endeavours is key to our individual and collective success. The support that we receive from our networks and communities like Women in Public Relations can determine how far we push ourselves to bring our ideas to fruition, so we need to ensure we’re sharing our experiences, our wisdom, and offering encouragement at every opportunity.” – Olivia Lovenmark, Director of Marketing at Finhaven
PR ACADEMY RESOURCES
YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL, EARN MORE MONEY IN YOUR PR CAREER AND MOVE INTO A LEADERSHIP POSITION.
Get ready to take your seat at the boardroom table.
As a member, you have access to over 10 complimentary courses, replays of our live events, templates and video discussions, as well as a library of bonus lessons and PR tips.
The Women in PR Academy is designed around 4 pillars to help you:
- Plan your PR programs;
- Navigate your PR career;
- Increase your PR profits;
- Welcome new PR clients.
Map Your Year – PR Programs Planning
You will know exactly where you are, how far you’ve come and what direction you need to go.
- Planning for the year ahead may be the last thing on your mind! When it comes to your marketing and PR, we have outlined exactly what you need to factor in during your planning stage.
- We share different types of income generator products and PR service packages that you can implement.
- We help you ensure that each PR service offering makes a powerful promise and delivers maximum value to your PR clients.
Navigate Your PR Career
Once you have mapped out your PR plan for the entire year, you will calculate how far you need to journey each day to reach your PR career goals.
- If you’ve been spinning your PR career wheels for a long time, you may be starting to feel despair. What you need is that last, focused push to get you there, over those final few career obstacles.
- What do companies look for in PR hires? If you’ve sat across from a hiring manager to interview for a PR job recently, you probably know all too well how valuable it would be to know exactly what he or she is thinking.
PR Profit Planning
We will show you how to establish yourself as a PR expert and give yourself an edge. We will help you build your personal brand to make a name for yourself in the industry.
- Learn how to determine your PR rates and set your rates correctly. Failing to do so means that the rates you’re charging might not actually reflect the profit goals of your business.
- Once you look at your year in review—especially your profit and loss—you’ll be able to instantly see things that need to be adjusted, as well as where you need to ramp up your money-making activities (or add new ones).
- If you’ve been working harder than you should and you aren’t reaping abundant monetary rewards, then things need to change.
Welcome New Clients
We show you the right way to onboard your new PR clients and get those referrals for your career and business.
- You’ve closed the sale, landed a new client, and received the signed contract — but then what? Learn what an onboarding process for new clients should look like and whether you really need a formal process.
- Create your PR client onboarding plan using our workbook and templates. As you are preparing your new client on how to best use your PR services, your onboarding process is their first introduction to the inner workings of your business after the initial inquiries about pricing and if you’re accepting new PR clients.
- Use our sample letters to create your own new client welcome and onboarding process.
Here are some of the forms and templates you get as part of your Women in PR membership:
- Business goals worksheet to help you turn your goals into actions;
- PR consulting agreement to set expectations for both you and your client;
- PR client confidentiality agreement to help verify the nature of the relationship for both you and your client;
- PR client project checklist template to help keep everything on track for success;
- PR client welcome letter that will help to build excitement for your time together;
- Payment arrangements process so everyone is on the same page regarding payments;
- PR client invoice templates to help you keep track with how many payments have been made, the payments left and how much money is collected;
- And much more!
PR Case Studies
Best practice examples for your PR campaign planning.
Your Network is Your Networth
Join our Women in PR academy member groups to chat with real women in public relations about their careers.
- Share your aspirations and surround yourself with a community of successful women.
- Connect with women in PR in our private Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
NEW PR CONTENT
Additional PR Topics
We release exclusive new PR content to help you reach your career goals.
Additional topics include:
- How to identify your ideal PR client;
- How to plan your PR career or business strategy;
- How to work with the media;
- How to plan your brand content;
- And much more!
You also get access to a range opportunities – from getting featured on our website, and the possibility of hosting an online course of your own in the Women in PR Academy to help share your expertise and raise awareness of what you do.
ENROLL YOURSELF IN NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Membership is open to individuals and firms who work in the field of public relations and is also extended to both women and men working in communications, media, marketing and advertising. Corporate membership is valid for valid for 4 employees at your organization ($180/ year savings). You can join us as a partner member for additional brand building opportunities. We also offer discounted memberships for students.
WE ARE SO DEDICATED TO YOUR SUCCESS THAT WE ARE OFFERING THESE BONUSES!
Watch our events from anywhere in the world and learn best practices from our distinguished speakers. We have explored topics from personal branding, profit planning and career success stories. Our events footage is only available in the Women in PR Academy for our members. ($497 value)
Navigating a Woman's Career Discussion
Learn how to navigate your career in the PR field. Our discussion is based on the Harvard Business Review report: “The Hidden Brain Drain: Off-Ramps and On-Ramps in Women’s Careers.” ($47 value)
Prove The Value Of Public Relations
Learn how to define and prove the value of what you do. This is a 60 minute video panel discussion sharing the tools you need as a public relations professional and demonstrating how to prove the value of public relations to an organization. ($47 value)
We are shaping the future of public relations. Let us make an impact on your career success.
Learn at your own pace alongside successful women in public relations who are aligned with your goals.
Strengthen Your PR Career
Invest in your relationships and build your circle of influence. Invest in your education and stay on top of PR trends. Never stop learning. Make your career a priority. Join Women in Public Relations to hold yourself accountable, get on the PR career fast track and increase your commitment to your success.