Why do we exist?
The organization has been formed to enable groups of public relations women leaders across the Americas to come together to share ideas, contacts, experiences, and to advocate for major issues directly affecting women working in the PR industry today.
- Women still make up less than half of the executive committee roles at most large PR firms and only four women lead agencies with more than $100 million in global revenue in North America.
- Women dominate the mid-level PR ranks, doing much of the day-to-day heavy lifting, and women are more often in command at smaller-size agencies that they have founded.
“Women have played a predominant role in establishing and continuing to shape the public relations industry we know today, an achievement I am very proud of and a legacy I hope to continue through my work with this organization. I encourage women to consider joining the organization to access tools and networks to support our common goals.”
“Now, more than ever, it’s imperative that professional women take a leadership role within the business world. To do this – particularly in the PR industry – there must be a vehicle that enables us to connect, motivate, and support each other.”
What are you waiting for? Join us.
Membership is open to individuals ($25/month paid annually) and firms ($85/month paid annually) who work in the field of public relations and is also extended to both women and men working in communications, media, marketing and advertising.
Our programs are online based and we host events across the Americas.
Join our online community to gain access to our premium resources, find your next job and build contacts in your field. Take advantage of our member discounts on PR tools, events and training to help you thrive in your career.
- Connect with women in public relations across the Americas;
- Find new clients and prospective employers;
- Speaker resources to help you move into the PR spotlight;
- Access career resources to help you advance in your field;
- Access our online courses, live Q&A’s and Masterclasses;
- Access our research and case studies to help with your campaign planning;
- Build your agency or brand with our PR tools;
- Member interview spotlight shared on our website, social media channels and newsletter;
- Celebrate the accomplishments of women in your field;
- Receive member discounts on events and training programs;
- Complimentary access to our monthly PR Lounge discussions;
- Access to our Facebook and LinkedIn groups;
- Membership badge for your website;
- Become a mentor or mentee and build your portfolio.
How does online membership work?
Each month we release exclusive PR content to help you reach your career goals.
- How to determine your PR rates;
- How to identify your ideal PR client;
- How to plan your PR career or business strategy;
- How to work with the media;
- How to plan your brand content;
- And much more!
You also get access to a range opportunities – from getting featured on our website, and the possibility of hosting an online course of your own for our network to help share your expertise and raise awareness of what you do.
Through our online portal, members receive access to our online resources, PR case studies, courses and webinars. We encourage you to join us!
Complimentary Online Courses
If you are just starting your career journey or ready to take the leap to reach your next big goal – and wondering how YOU can do it – we get it. We’ve created this place just for YOU.
Members receive access to our new PR client onboarding kit to use in your own PR consultancy or agency. Use our templates to create your own new client welcome and onboarding process. Take our complimentary client onboarding course for members only.
Member Only Support Groups
Get clear on what you desire in your PR career and lifestyle. Join our member groups to chat with real women in public relations about their careers. Share your aspirations and surround yourself with a community of successful women.
“It’s refreshing to stand behind an organization that is focused on encouraging and supporting women in public relations by not only providing the tools, resources and encouragement I need to become a better PR professional, but by tackling issues around work-life balance, career advancement and equality for women in the workplace.”
“As technology continues to evolve the practice of public relations, so do the working lifestyles of professional women. Our goal is to advance the interests of female colleagues’ nation-wide inside and outside of the boardroom.”