- This event has passed.
Webcast: Why There Aren’t More Women At The Top
September 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
While gender diversity is a hallmark of the most successful organizations, gender bias – particularly in the C-suite and at senior leadership levels – continues to persist. The George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership recognizes that not only do organizations need to change, but there are key tactics and strategies women can take to influence decision makers and heighten their leadership abilities to be recognized and promoted to the highest levels.
In this CommPRO Webcast, The Truth about Why There Aren’t More Women at the Top…and the Steps Companies and Women Can Take to Make a Giant Shift, you will hear from a panel of experts about the strategies and actions to solve this pressing issue.
Here are a few issues our panel will discuss:
- How does gender bias impact the bottom line and success of growing organizations
- What do small and large organizations need to do to benefit from having more women leaders at the top
- Why men need to be part of the solution
- What responsibility do women bear in gender bias in the workplace
- What tools, skills or new habits do women need to propel them forward into the c-suite and the boardroom?
This webcast is in support of GWU’s upcoming 3-day Women’s Leadership Program: Strategies for Accelerating Impact, Influence and Advancement, on October 23-25 in Washington, DC. Designed for women leaders in the private and public sectors who aspire to positions of greater influence and impact or have been identified by their organizations as high-potential leaders, this breakthrough 3-day program will provide new strategies and tactics for women to take the lead and succeed at higher levels. For more information and to apply for the GWU CEPL 3-Day Women’s Leadership program click here.
- Lisa Friedman, Co-Author and Senior Researcher,The Everest Project: 2 year study of senior women leading change and innovation
- Joseph Santana, Chairman of the Institute for Corporate Productivity Chief Diversity Officer Board
- Cary Broussard, Author, “From Cinderella to CEO,” CEO, Broussard Global Communications
- Leslie Grossman, Author, Link Out and SELLsation; women’s leadership executive coach and trainer; Senior Fellow & Faculty, The George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership; Co-founder, The Women’s Leadership Exchange
- Moderator: Ina Gjikondi, PCC, Director, Executive Education & Coaching, The George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership