- This event has passed.
#CommsWeekNY Sessions at Civic Hall
October 19, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Join Communications Week for a morning of networking, keynotes and expert panel sessions exploring our theme “Reinventing the Industry” with speakers from the biggest brands and agencies. Doors open at 8AM for coffee and networking.
- 9AM Opening Remarks
- Join Erin Ade, host of BizWire TV to kick off the week. She’ll introduce the day’s sessions and tee up key trends shaping the future of the industry.
- 9:10AM Guest Speaker: GE
- Jennifer Erickson, Senior Director of External Communications, will share insights on GE’s innovative approach to communications.
- 9:30AM Panel: Reinventing Brands
- How have brands leveraged creative communications strategies to reinvent themselves? What works when you are trying to reach and resonate with consumers?
- Speakers include Dan Mazei, Reebok, Global Newsroom; David Berkowitz, Serial Marketer and previous CMO of MRY; Wendy Goldberg, EVP & CCO of iHeartMedia; Bruce Kelley, Chief Content Officer at Reader’s Digest; moderated by Patrick Coffee of Adweek.
- 11AM Panel: Bot or Not… Is AI the Future of PR and Content Creation?
- Is artificial intelligence the future of communications? Bots are writing AP stories and branded content, but do bots know best? Could IBM’s Watson outmaneuver a skilled professional at creating content? Do we need to reinvent ourselves as managers of technology tools instead of creatives and comms strategists?
- Moderated by Andy Morris, CEO of Code Morris; panelists include Merrill Brown, Director, School of Communication and Media, Montclair State University.
Space is limited. Early registration is open and FREE until October 1, 2016.